Due to issues with fake accounts being created all account creation is now managed by the Systems Operator and Manager of the D6 Holocron. If you wish to have an account created at all please be sure to E-mail email@example.com with your requested alias. (((>*.*<)))
Craft: Earth Alliance GAT-X105 Strike Gundam
Type: prototype all-purpose multi-mode mobile suit
- Height: 17.72m
- Mass: 64.8 metric tons
Skill: Mecha Piloting (OR Walker Operations and/or Starfighter/Aircraft Piloting)
Cargo Capacity: 10 kilograms (or less)
Consumables: 1 week (survival pack)
Nav Computer: Yes (short-ranged, carrier-based)
- Space: 6
- Atmosphere: 330; 950kmh ("jumps" only)
- Ground (Walking): 55; 160kmh
- Strength: 4D
- Armor: 1D
Shields: (see Striker Packs)
- Anti-Beam Combat Shield: 3D
- Passive: 25/0D
- Scan: 50/1D
- Search: 75/2D
- Focus: 3/4D
- 2 "Igelstellung" 75mm Multi-barrel CIWS
- Location: mounted in head
Fire Arc: "turret" (aimed by head)
Crew: 1 (pilot)
Skill: Mecha Gunnery (OR Starship/Aircraft Gunnery)
Fire Control: 2D
Space Range: 1-2/8/16
Atmosphere Range: 20-200/800/1.8km
Ammo: 500 round magazine (internal)
Rate of Fire: burst of bullets per attack (Ammo Depletion 1Dx10 per burst)
- 2 "Armor Schneider" Combat Knives
- Location: stored in hip armor, hand-held in use
Fire Arc: Close Combat
Crew: 1 (pilot)
Skill: Mecha Combat/Parry
Fire Control: 2D
Space Range: Close Combat
Atmosphere Range: Close Combat
Ammo: 2 combat knives
Rate of Fire: 1 strike per attack
WEAPONS (Optional Hand-Held Armaments)
- 57mm High Energy Beam Rifle
- Location: stored behind waist, hand-held in use.
Fire Arc: "turret" (aimed with arms)
Skill: Mecha Gunnery
Fire Control: 2D
Space Range: 1-3/12/24
Atmosphere Range: 20-300/1.2/2.4km
Ammo: connected to battery (see below)
Rate of Fire: 1 beam per attack
- Hyper Bazooka (can be used underwater)
- Location: hand-held during sortie
Fire Arc: "turret" (aimed with arms)
Crew: 1 (pilot)
Skill: Mecha Gunnery
Fire Control: 2D
Space Range: 1/3/7, 7 per round, max range 35
Atmosphere Range: 50-100/300/700, 700 per round, max range 3.5km
Ammo: 5 shell rounds per clip
Rate of Fire: 1 shell per attack
OPTIONAL STRIKER PACKS/WEAPONS and EQUIPMENT:
- GAT-X105+AQM/E-X01 Aile Strike Gundam.
- GAT-X105+AQM/E-X02 Sword Strike Gundam.
- GAT-X105+AQM/E-X03 Launcher Strike Gundam.
- GAT-X105+P202QX Strike Gundam IWSP.
- GAT-X105+P204QX Lightning Strike Gundam.
With the outbreak of war, the Earth Alliance's Atlantic Federation begins a secret project to develop mobile suits to counter ZAFT's mass-produced ZGMF-1017 GINN as well as operate free of interference from the N-Jammers. The GAT-X105 Strike Gundam is one of five initial prototype suits secretly developed in conjunction with Orb's Morgenroete defense company. Whereas the other Gundams are designed for specific roles, the Strike Gundam is intended to operate in various configurations through the use of Striker packs. Like the other prototype Gundams, the Strike Gundam is equipped with the new Phase Shift (PS) armor technology. When in Phase Shift mode, the Strike Gundam is nearly impervious to attacks from shell-firing artillery or melee weapons. However, use of Phase Shift for extended periods of time is a massive drain on the energy battery. The basic version of the Strike Gundam is nearly identical to the GAT-X102 Duel Gundam's initial configuration. Its armament consists of two "Igelstellung" vulcan guns, a 57mm beam rifle, a shield and two "Armor Schneider" combat knives. Other optional armaments include a bazooka designed for underwater combat. In addition to the first unit, Orb later constructs an improved version from spare parts, the MBF-02 Strike Rouge. The Alliance also constructs a third unit, which is later upgraded into the GAT-X105E Strike E. The Strike Gundam is later followed by the mass production GAT-01 Strike Dagger and GAT-01A1 Dagger.
The first Strike Gundam enters combat in January 25, C.E. 71, when ZAFT attacks Orb's space colony Heliopolis in an attempt to steal the Gundam prototypes. Although ZAFT succeeds in capturing four units, the Strike Gundam remains in Alliance control and is initially (and ineffectively) used by Murrue Ramius. However, young Coordinator Kira Yamato is able to modify the incomplete operating system and make the Strike Gundam combat ready. Following the destruction of Heliopolis, Kira becomes the Strike Gundam's default pilot and joins the crew of the Archangel. While heading for the Alliance's Alaskan headquarters, the Strike Gundam is severely damaged in battle on April 17 by Athrun Zala's self-destructing GAT-X303 Aegis Gundam. The Strike Gundam is later repaired by Orb and passed on to ace pilot Mu La Flaga, while Kira upgrades to ZAFT's ZGMF-X10A Freedom Gundam. The Strike Gundam serves as Mu's personal mobile suit after the Archangel defects from the Alliance and joins the Orb forces and Clyne faction to form the Three Ships Alliance. At the war's end on September 27, the Strike Gundam is damaged in a duel with Rau Le Creuset's ZGMF-X13A Providence Gundam and later destroyed while Mu is protecting the Archangel from an attack by the Alliance battleship Dominion. Two years after the war, the versatile design of the Strike Gundam serves as the basis for ZAFT's ZGMF-X56S Impulse Gundam.
The GAT-X105 Strike is the most versatile of the five Gundams created by the Alliance's G Project. Because of its bright blue, red and white color scheme, the Strike is easily the most visually distinctive of the five (with the possible exception of the bright red-colored GAT-X303 Aegis). Using its Striker Packs, the Strike can be outfitted for all-purpose combat (Aile Strike), heavy assault (Launcher Strike) or heavy melee combat (Sword Strike). Design wise, the Strike is simply an extension of the Duel's frame, allowing for a multi-role function not featured in the Duel, Buster, or Blitz. (In fact, the Strike's Striker Pack allowed it to mimic, to variable degrees, many of the abilities of the first three mobile suits.)
Three Strike units were built: the first Strike was piloted by Kira Yamato; it was destroyed in battle in CE June 71 against Athrun Zala in the Aegis. After Kira stole the ZGMF-X10A Freedom from ZAFT and the subsequent defection of the Archangel crew to the Orb Union in early July, the second Strike (built partially with materials salvaged from the remains of the first) became the personal mobile suit of ace pilot Mu La Flaga. A third Strike, called the MBF-02 Strike Rouge, was built by Orb and piloted by Cagalli Yula Athha. All three Strike pilots used the Aile Striker as their preferred Striker pack, with its all-purpose combat capabilities. A fourth unit was also apparently built, then later upgraded to the Strike Noir, piloted by Sven Cal Bayang.
Although the GAT-X105 Strike is initially designed to use three Striker packs, several more are designed later on. One of these designs is the combined GAT-X105+P204QX Lightning Strike. The Alliance seeks to increase the Strike's operating time by 150% through the use of a new Striker pack, but the first design proves to be a failure. Later on, Orb's defense contractor Morgenroete steps in and designs the P204QX Lightning Striker. The Lightning Striker features an improved power pack design, along with extra cooling systems and battery packs. In addition, the Lightning Strike is armed with a Type 70-31 electromagnetic cannon, which can be stored as two separate pieces on the Strike's forearms. The Lightning Striker pack is assembled in late C.E. 71 on the Kusanagi after the fall of the Orb Union. After its construction, the Lightning Striker pack is destroyed in combat during a test flight.
Earth Alliance actually built addition units of Strike, one of them piloted by Sven Cal Payang. These new Strike eventually was upgraded into the GAT-X105E Strike E.
The GAT-X105 Strike should not be confused with the ZGMF-X20A Strike Freedom from Gundam SEED Destiny.
When activating the mobile suit, the operating system on the screen reads:
- Operating System: When the Gundams were hijacked by ZAFT, the OS was minimal and incomplete, just enough to get it to move (1D Maneuverability, 0D Fire Control to all weapons). The pilots of the Creuset Team took their four machines directly back to their baseship while a battle erupted between ZAFT GINNs and the Earth Alliance space forces. At the baseship, all data in the G-Units was downloaded, while they quickly programmed an OS into their computers that worked and would make them combat-ready.
The result of this are the stats as they are now, with the same rules as the "Natural Pilots" from all of ZAFTs other mobile suits (all Maneuverability and Fire Control Dice are 1D and all Difficulties are one level higher to Natural pilots until a proper operating system is installed, then they may pilot the machine as normal). However, when the Gundams first landed on Earth, they had to update their OS again for "contact pressure" for whenever they jumped on land and moved around (1D Maneuverability in Atmosphere/on Ground), and "heat convection" for when they used beam weaponry in high-temperature environments (ranged beam weaponry is at half or third of full range). Kira Yamato did this for the Strike Gundam on the fly, always in the middle of combat, while the Creuset Team eventually had these updates made as they persued the Archangel across Earth.
If a Gundam (or any other Gundam SEED mobile suit, for that matter) is ever aquired with this lack in it's Operating System, then a Very Difficult Computer Program/Repair skill check must be made to adjust the Gundam's systems to these situations (Heroic Difficulty if in the middle of battle!!!).
- Anti-Beam Combat Shield: this is a real, physical shield mounted to the Duel Gundam's arm (left or right, usually left). It can be used by the Mecha Combat/Parry skills. It is placed between an incoming attack and the mobile suit when a parry is made. If the Shield is destroyed (roll of 16+ on the Damage Chart), then it is discarded (or has been blown to bits), and no longer useable by the mobile suit. Shields are meant to take the brunt of oncoming attacks to give the mobile suit a better chance to survive, and while they may not last long, they can take at least a single devestating hit that would otherwise destroy the mobile suit.
This is also an Anti-Beam Combat Shield, and Beam Saber Armor Dice Reduction does not reduce its dice to pips.
Very useful if the Ultracompact Energy Battery runs out of power!!!
- Phase Shift (PS) Armor: This is the defensive system that makes the Gundams so fearful in combat and impervious to ballistics and explosive weapons. When activated, take the number in front of the Hull Dice and subtract this every round from the Gundam's battery points, along with the number from any Damage Dice that hit the Gundam (see "Ultracompact Energy Battery" below).
An alternate rule to do this (if players/GMs wish to do so) is to not subtract the entire Hull Dice number from the Battery (5), but subtract "1" instead, but still subtract the full Damage Dice number of any attacks that hit the Gundam.
PS Armor makes the unit impervious to weapon types such as ballistics (machine guns of every type, bullet type weaponry), explosives (such as missiles and grenades, BUT, not Proton Torpedoes if you happen to be using them for some reason), and all physical attacks (such as mecha melée weapons like the GINN Sword).
PS Armor does NOT protect against energy/beam weapons at all (though if it had a strong enough power supply such as a Death Star scale nuclear reactor, energy/beam weapons would then become harmless).
PS armor also protects against atmospheric reentry and keeps the Gundam from burning up and being destroyed.
- Ultracompact Energy Battery: In the Gundam SEED setting, nuclear power has been rendered near useless by use of Neutron Jammers (N-Jammers). ZAFT attempted to prevent the use of nuclear weapons after the "Bloody Valentine" incident, where Junius Seven of the PLANTs was destroyed by a nuclear attack by Naturals. Using N-Jammers extensively with their ships, as well as deploying them all over the Earth deep underground, use of nuclear reactors is all but impossible until the development of the Neutron Jammer Cancelers. Therefor, most technological devices use alternate means of power sources. Most mobile suits and mobile armors use ultracompact energy batteries. While their operation time may be limited, most of these vehicles still have plenty of time to complete their sortie missions before having to return to base.
To represent this, take a mobile suit/mobile armor/ship's Hull Dice and multiply the number by a hundred (100), adding 25 per pip (500 for the Strike Gundam). This is the Battery's power. Decrease by one point per round of combat while the mobile vehicle is active after launch. Any energy weapons directly connected to the battery drain it by a number equal to the Damage Dice they inflict, per use (such as beam rifles, beam cannons or beam sabers, etc.). Any special equipment that shield or help the mobile vehicle (such as energy shields, Phase Shift armor or Mirage Colloid) deplete the battery by a number equal to it's Hull Dice. Any other variants will list any differences in their entries.
- Self-Destruct System: Each G Unit was initially equipped with a self-destruct device to keep the technologies they incorporated from falling into enemy hands. However, the Earth Alliance's fears came true as four of the machines were captured then used by ZAFT pilots against them in turn, their unique systems duplicated by the Coordinators and used to build newer, stronger models that outdo their previous models, such as the GINN, which had already been so hard to overcome in the first place.
When the self-destruct is used, it does damage as the Gundam's Hull dice as capital scale. Against Phase Shift armor at point-blank range, the PS cannot soak the intense energy unleashed and takes damage normally.
- Model number: GAT-X105
- Code name: Strike Gundam
- Unit type: prototype all-purpose multi-mode mobile suit.
- Manufacturer: Morgenroete, Inc.
- Operator(s): Earth Alliance (Atlantic -Federation); Three Ships Alliance.
- First deployment: 25 January C.E. 71
- Accommodation: pilot only (in standard cockpit in torso).
- Dimensions: head height 17.72 meters
- Weight: max gross weight 64.8 metric tons.
- Armor materials: unknown
- Powerplant: ultracompact energy battery (power output rating unknown).
- Equipment and design features: sensors (range unknown); Phase Shift (PS) armor; hardpoints for mounting Striker packs.
- Fixed armaments: 2 "Igelstellung" 75mm multi-barrel CIWS (fire-linked, mounted in head); 2 "Armor Schneider" combat knife (stored in hip armor, hand-carried in use); shield (mounted on left arm).
- Optional fixed armaments: see GAT-X105+AQM/E-X01 Aile Strike Gundam, GAT-X105+AQM/E-X02 Sword Strike Gundam, GAT-X105+AQM/E-X03 Launcher Strike Gundam, GAT-X105+P202QX Strike Gundam IWSP, GAT-X105+P204QX Lightning Strike Gundam.
- Optional hand armaments: 57 mm high-energy beam rifle (power rating unknown); bazooka.
- Appearances: Mobile Suit Gundam SEED; Mobile Suit Gundam SEED (manga); Mobile Suit Gundam SEED ASTRAY; Gundam Evolve; Battle Assault 3 featuring Gundam SEED; Mobile Suit Gundam SEED: Never-Ending Tomorrow; Mobile Suit Gundam SEED (game).